What is Commuter Choice?
Commuter choice is exactly what it says. It’s the commuting choices you have to get you to and from work or school. You can even get some tax benefits as well.
What are the Commuter Choice Tax Incentives?
- Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefits
- Purchased by employer and offered to employee free or subsidized
- Transit or vanpool passes or vouchers ($260 per month in calendar year 2018)
- Qualified parking spaces in conjunction with transit use ($260 per month in calendar year 2018)
- Bicycle commuting ($20 per month in calendar year 2018)
- Tax free to employees
- Tax deduction to employers
Why do employers choose to provide these benefits?
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Improve air quality
- Conserve energy
- Save money for employer & employee
- Low cost compared to other benefits
- Reduce need for parking
- Increase transit ridership and revenue
- Attract and retain qualified workforce
Contact CommuteInfo for more information at 1-888-819-6110 or email us.