As an employer, you are probably wondering how CommuteInfo can help you. By participating in CommuteInfo, you will be assisting with your organization’s sustainability efforts, and maybe even saving some money too. All while helping to strengthen your employees’ morale and retention by alleviating parking shortages and helping to create more enjoyable commutes.
CommuteInfo is happy to meet with you to learn about the commuting habits of your employees. CommuteInfo will then customize a ridesharing strategy that will benefit both the company and its employees. CommuteInfo can also provide information and ongoing technical assistance to:
- Help you and your employees use the Commuter Options to get to and from work (check out CommuteInfo’s Company Relocation handout)
- Measure the benefits of ridesharing
- Review employee concentrations and their travel patterns to work (heat map available upon request)
- Help organize carpools, vanpools, and bikepools at your company
- Inform you about the tax incentives available to companies and employees for ridesharing
You will also have the opportunity to gain LEED 4.0 for Existing Buildings points for alternative transportation as part of the “Location and Transportation Credit” category. As the regional ridesharing program, CommuteInfo can provide technical assistance to business owners and real estate developers as they work to achieve those credits. Learn more about the LEED Location and Transportation credit.
The Building Owners and Managers Association International 360 Performance Program® for Recognizing Excellence in Building Operations and Management includes credits for traffic reduction initiatives. CommuteInfo staff can assist business owners and real estate developers to learn how to achieve traffic reduction initiative credits. Learn more about the BOMA 360 Performance Program®.
In addition, Pennsylvania’s Ridesharing Act limits employer liability when employees rideshare. Learn more about the Pennsylvania Ridesharing Act.
Contact us today for more information on how we can help you: CommuteInfo@spcregion.org.